Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pay it Forward 09

Today, I signed up for working at the soup kitchen on April 16th, with my Nephews and my mom. I wanted to show my nephews what it's like to not have food everyday, I want them to be able to talk to people who have experienced the world in all aspects. The majority of homeless people know what it's like to have a good life and everything they needed but then getting it all taken from them, they've seen people from all aspects, they've seen the way people treat them when they look "respectable" and they know what it's like to be treated by most of America looking "homeless." I just wanted my nephews to see what its like to not be as fortunate as them. I also am organizing a bake sale in Birmingham for Haiti, I stole the idea from the Denver, Bake for Haiti. I hadn't seen anything like that here in Birmingham so I figured I'd organize something like that, this is after all the south. We southerners love our comfort food! If its for a good cause even better right...? Anyways, these I feel are my good deeds for the day. I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment