Monday, February 8, 2010

Pay it forward 06

This is my 6th blog, once again, I am finding it very hard. People make it SOOO hard to be nice to them they really do. As much as I want to be nice to someone who's being mean to me just to be like "you can't bring me down with your negativity" it is hard. Every day I am finding it is taking more effort to go out and find someone to be kind to, just to show one kind act. Starting tomorrow, I feel like I should just shove happiness down their throat, haha I won't go as far as that, but I'd like to do something different. Maybe I am not trying hard enough? I was talking to my boyfriend about karma the other day and how I think it is definitely an everyday occurrence. I see karma taking action everyday whether it be good or bad. Anyways I was talking to george the other day about all the things I've done in my life, there are things in my life that I am not proud of doing and I don't regret them because you can't live life filled with regret, all you can do is try and make up for the things you've done and make your life better. So as I'm realizing what a terror I was as a child, (and adolescent) I have a lot to make up for. I have a lot of nice things to do before I feel like my life has evened out and my karma is at balance. I say I have about 200 more nice things to do until my karma can be almost at a good balanced point. Here is 6/200 for the past 2 days, I have become more aware of the people around me, making sure I don't cut anyone off, making sure I don't cut in front of anyone and making sure I hold doors open and just becoming all around aware of the people around me and their space and trying to be as courteous as possible. So I don't know if you can count that as an entire nice thing or a series of little nice things. I just wanted to become more in tune with the people around me, what small things I can do that make a small difference in someones life. Starting conversations with strangers in lines, or smiling at people who look sad, my favorite was the other day we went to the movies, there was this little girl standing in line with her parents, she kept staring at me and all I would do is smile at her and I kept trying to get a smile out of her and usually with little kids I can make them smile really easily or act bashful or something but she looked so upset so I tried to get her to smile, she finally did but then her parents got weirded out and left the movies. All I was trying to do was make a sad girl smile just by smiling. But now adays that's creepy. :( Still trying! Still going with this pay it forward blog. Still trying to make a difference in hopes to succeed. :) All you can do is try your hardest, hope for the best and shoot for the stars.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Katie, keep it up! I have noticed myself becoming more aware of people myself since you started this. So I would say that by you wanting to good and inspiring me to do the same, you get some of the credit for anything nice that I do. And that is why I feel it is such a good idea, you are helping people that are over a thousand miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! Haha I hope I am inspiring someone...

    ReplyDelete